Mount Pocono Borough, Pennsylvania
Mount Pocono Borough, PA is seeking candidates for the position of Borough Manager who can lead with a well-articulated vision, strong leadership, motivation and encouragement, and a desire to accomplish goals in a team setting.
Mount Pocono Borough
The Borough serves a population of nearly 3,100 with an operating budget of $2.4M and 7 employees. Mount Pocono Borough has seen a boom of new retail and provides outdoor recreational activities and easy access to Interstates 80 and 380 for residents and visitors. Mount Pocono Borough is 2 hours from New York City, 40 minutes from Scranton, and 2 hours from Philadelphia.
To successfully meet the Borough Manager job requirements, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Borough Manager candidate must demonstrate the following for consideration of the job:
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, public administration, business administration or related fields and three (3) years of demonstrated responsibility in public planning, organizing, and directing office and administrative services. The Borough Manager must be able to be bonded.
- Must be computer literate and be able to use, transmit, receive, and manipulate data and information in commonly used word processing, spreadsheet, email, internet access, and geographic information system programs, particularly those programs currently used by the Borough. Must demonstrate proficiency in the following computer software programs: MS Office Suite; Google Workspace; and custom software for Municipalities such as Permit Manager, Savvy Citizen, etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of public budgeting.
- Comprehensive knowledge of public procurement, municipal zoning, and land development codes, building and property maintenance codes, public health and safety, and storm water management.
- Possess a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and be in good standing.
- Must live in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and within a reasonable commute to the Borough within three (3) months of hiring.
General Job Description Summary
The Borough Manager is the chief administrative officer of the Borough of Mount Pocono. This is a highly responsible administrative/supervisory position involving planning, directing, coordinating, and administering all affairs of the Borough Government. This includes, but is not limited to, responsibility for budget and finance, personnel, purchasing, highways, codes, public safety, parks and recreation, general services, and public/ intergovernmental relations. The Borough Manager is responsible for the direction, planning, development, and coordination of all Departments to see that they conform with policy directives of Council and all applicable laws and ordinances; this includes the review of personnel needs, space/equipment, contracted services, and adherence to budgetary limits. The Borough Manager is responsible for an employee safety program, risk management, and loss control. The Borough Manager is also responsible for providing staff services for Committees of Council and for official boards, agencies and commissions of the Borough. Direction is received from Council through meetings and policy directives and work is reviewed by Council for the achievement of desired objectives. The position of Borough Manager is a salaried, full-time exempt position and is not eligible for overtime. The Borough office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Manager will be required to perform frequent evening and weekend duties as well as “call-in” duties as necessary.
The Borough offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
The Borough offers a competitive salary dependent upon the qualifications and experience of the selected individual. The Borough also provides a benefits program including retirement, vacation, personal and sick leave, health, dental, life and disability insurance.
Relocation assistance is not available.
The position details can be found at mountpocono-pa.gov. Cover letter, resume, salary request, and three references must be submitted via email in a single PDF document to email@example.com. Candidates will be contacted for interviews. Any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.