The Parks and Recreation Committee is tasked with overseeing the improvements and maintenance of the Borough parks. The Borough has two parks: the Mount Pocono Memorial Park located behind the Borough building and the Deerfield Oak Park located off of the intersection of Deerfield and Oak Streets. The Parks and Recreation Committee consists of five (5) members of the public who must be residents of the Borough for at least one (1) year. The members are appointed to staggering terms as listed below. Meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of the Month at 7pm at the Borough building. The public is encouraged to attend.
- Chair: Debra Fulton; Term expires December 31, 2025
- Vice Chair: Stacey Turrell; Term expires December 31, 2024
- Secretary: Erin Melbert; Term expires December 31, 2023
- Board Member: Peter Richert; Term expires December 31, 2024
- Board Member: Joe Simeone; Term expires December 31, 2023